Subject: [Leica] New Summilux-M 35/1.4 ASPH. #11663
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:50:17 +1000

Dante, I've never shot the current Summilux 35 ASPH. and can't comment on it
from any personal experience. It has been reported as having some
identifiable focus shift in the most critical cases (from article in LFI).
Peter Karbe has recently said that the lenses are optimised for best
performance at infinity. I understood the floating element arrangement to
assist in the close in performance and reduce focus shift. That is my
experience with the 50 Summilux ASPH. and the APO 75 Summicron ASPH. at
least. That is to say I get very consistent and accurate focus in the 1 to
3m range where I shoot them most and have never identified any focus shift
(down to ~f/4).
I ordered the lens (at least I have my name down and they will accept my
deposit when it is actually officially announced). I'll let you know,
probably months hence. It will take months to find the dollars anyway ;-) I
may sell my children for medical experiments.

f/1.4 and be there
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman