Subject: [Leica] New Summilux-M 35/1.4 ASPH. #11663
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 08:26:35 -0400

The floating element is designed to promote consistently good focus along a
distance range, which in the Nikon world made lenses that shot well at a
distance shoot well close-up (since a lens can really only be optimized for
one distance/repro ratio if the elements move as a unit).

But since the current Summilux ASPH already seems to shoot better close-up
than at a distance, is the floating element designed to fix the
long-distance end?

Dante