Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Nov 1 19:16:23 2008

Jayanand I only have smaller (A4) prints here from you and they are not from
your D3. I'm sure that it is a great outfit for convenient wildlife
photography with a big AF zoom. The recent stuff you have shown from Africa
is very impressive in its web sizes.
What I do have though are two large prints (up to 450mm) from Doug, one by
him and one carefully printed by me from an original file for a charity
auction. That one is higher key and subtle toned. Both are absolutely superb
in detail and colour rendition and in fact every technical quality. To look
at these close up is a revelation and a joy.
You might need to qualify your statement that the Nikon combo is better ;-)
Do you mean more practical /easier to get good results with? Obviously Doug
is an acknowledged dedicated expert here. It would be a pretty bold claim
that the Nikon output is technically better than that of the DMR in expert
hands.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Maike Harbets speaks on the S2. .... So we will drop down this technology to
our other systems.
Our priority is to modernise the R system which will be in the end an R10,
definitely.