Subject: [Leica] [Leica} Tina's Drobos... Update: All loaded.
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 23:29:49 -0700
References: <3129A994-8017-45D2-B6B7-3F9343EAF4DA@mac.com> <84652F2B-4D83-4AAA-95BD-F7F404AB28B5@gmail.com> <656a1dbe-44ba-45a7-b8dd-83179ae6c867@gmail.com> <dff568af-3bd2-4dc2-ae8d-f0d989b151fe@gmail.com> <c0c377bc-f550-4900-b367-4b1cf3c97efc@gmail.com> <07360ACD-1DB0-4499-A9A2-D99AC8C6CBCD@frozenlight.eu> <3bcca153-ec7d-4d1a-9dac-38210da877db@gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ3zYuW6pr-iOjeWgcAQfMie-sn1_Ybb=TrXhhnuaa4RZw@mail.gmail.com>

I'm in the "don't trust RAID unless you really know what you're doing"
camp. One bad controller and you are hosed.

This is one reason I went with ZFS, 2 disks for redundancy, and if one disk
drive, it should be reasonably easy to recover.

--
// richard http://imagecraft.com

Replies: Reply from bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] [Leica} Tina's Drobos... Update: All loaded.)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] [Leica} Drobos... If you have them what can you expect?)