Subject: [Leica] Desensitization
From: von-ohlen at sbcglobal.net (Bill Larsen)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 16:59:55 -0800
References: <001501cdd51b$fb252040$f16f60c0$@verizon.net> <CAFuU78eLjTXAcR6-MsL-U8KTeB9PnEbtuQt3V-EyGEJv_bqUhw@mail.gmail.com> <D48A0361-FEBA-4F14-830B-762BED8F9B91@mac.com> <007801cdd5a7$2751a810$75f4f830$@cox.net> <02645677-5612-4C8F-9FB3-0E18099A0F0F@mac.com> <CA+3n+_=TxeJXt=i1Dhyo2-PH3nMUSsFnTdkjwhdUeDN03iw1Dg@mail.gmail.com> <30C9B58CF0E94D289FC6E966DC6DC7BD@Family> <B6E2ACD8-89B8-423F-9B23-9BC919570212@sfr.fr> <5E58FCD1C42C4A1F848579064AF36F1D@billHP> <CA+yJO1DcWXr-qxb_7kRTRrNtXUMCFnFGw6YryVR9=Raw0owGhg@mail.gmail.com> <CA+3n+_kmAuEDhYHE4DCmwyBvL1nDN92J+UTgThKi0zN_EaZCJw@mail.gmail.com> <CA+3n+_nJKgpCrfoQk9DEY=u2vytD7oOnEnfCBrKXBCUjg5XRjA@mail.gmail.com> <CA+3n+_mrS1xWuik8U71=nwZbengN1Vxd7VCd-XkxtU8yhN_8xA@mail.gmail.com>

Douglas Barry the answers you are getting here are somewhat simplistic.
And I am not quite knowledgeable enough to really furnish any light.
The term is "war of northern aggression"  as other have wrote is much
more complex.  It really wasn't about slavery other than in a tangential
manner.  It was a civil war.  And like all civil war very nasty.  I
might point out that there was not a totally uniform opinion about  it
in any state.  Brothers were pitted against brothers (and I mean in the
family rather than the society). States like North Carolina and Virginia
had people fighting in both armies.  And apparently it is not a conflict
that has healed yet.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Desensitization)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Desensitization)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Desensitization)