Subject: [Leica] Leica Service
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:11:14 -0500 (CDT)
References: <p2g73301d6b1004271813ua91c95eq9015c39db3ab1290@mail.gmail.com> <x2v36172e5a1004271828w54d87244s6ea8b288f426139a@mail.gmail.com> <h2x36172e5a1004280058o53ef736fw60349b0db343f9b2@mail.gmail.com> <01f101cae6df$e46dd860$ad498920$@net> <4BD84924.6040905@comcast.net> <l2j36172e5a1004281434rc0e3712dl4115dc7b481f2a36@mail.gmail.com> <63607B30-C2CD-4AA8-A32B-2F9E5B450915@gmail.com> <y2x36172e5a1004281611oed6c773di1ed1135833d27141@mail.gmail.com>

I just send my Leicas to DAG.   But then my Leicas don't have any
wires or batteries in them.

On Apr 28, 2010, at 6:11 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> [...]
> was
> performed at Solms, as was mine. In my opinion the LUG is not often
> apologetic for Leica. Quite the opposite, you read about negative
> experiences like yours but good experiences can go unreported,
> which is why
> I make comment.
> You've expressed some very strongly held views on the subject and I
> won't
> comment further then.
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 29 April 2010 07:50, Jeffery Smith <jsmith342 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It is the same type of excellent service that is costing Toyota
>> billions of
>> dollars this year. Good for some, horrendous for others, and based
>> on an
>> arrogance that will eventually destroy the company if it is not
>> addressed. I
>> am pleased to hear that the fellow who ignored all of my
>> communications and
>> had "just stepped away from his desk" on about 50 occasions when I
>> called
>> has been reassigned. Good for Leica USA. It should have happened much
>> sooner.
>>
>> The LUGers are very often apologetic for Leica. To tell someone
>> with a
>> defective M8 or M9 that a problem can be solved by removing and
>> replacing
>> the battery every time the camera screws up would most certainly
>> not be
>> tolerated if one were using a Nikon or Canon. To think that one
>> should
>> expect to pay two months' salary for a camera body only to have to
>> remove
>> and replace the battery before shooting a frame is patent
>> absurdity. If
>> Leica wants to be the most expensive 35mm camera on the face of
>> the earth,
>> the damned thing should be fixed when defective.
>>
>> Jeffery
>>

>> On Apr 28, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>>
>>> Nothing disingenuous about this. Tina can speak for herself, but I
>> received
>>> excellent service on an upgrade and two lens calibration/
>>> adjustments as
>> an
>>> amateur. I got better than express service with no express fees
>>> as well
>> as
>>> 150 EUR extra work free, plus international courier delivery also
>>> free. I
>>> made no claims nor generalisations nor claims that every service
>> transaction
>>> would be identical, just stated the facts in this incident.
>>> There are reports of complaints. This was a report of someone who
>> received
>>> excellent service and then was happy to report it here.

>>> Geoff