Subject: [Leica] Leica Diopter/Correction lens
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 07:42:16 +1000

Hi again Anthony. Those third party manufacturers mostly make Magnifiers
rather than Dioptre correction eyepieces. They do different jobs. Some
people have reported that this device from Japan works well. It has both a
magnifier and a variable dioptre.
http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=109
Regarding visiting your optometrist, of course I wasn't suggesting that you
have a custom eyepiece made, just that is worthwhile to establish what
correction you need before buying an eyepiece. If you are getting tested for
those spectacles you can take your camera along and ask for advice. Maybe
Aussie optometrists are friendlier than the ones where Frank lives!
You can try a search of the L Camera Forum on this as well if you like.
Search eyepiece correction. You don't have to be a member to read the
threads although its free and why wouldn't you?
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/
 I already sent the link for the LUG archives.
For more than you ever wanted to know, try a search for dioptre on the web!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman