Subject: [Leica] New Leica sound
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:25:14 +1000

For your amusement here is a short tale. Locally we have had unpleasantly
warm and muggy weather with frequent rain for several weeks.
I've been extremely lazy in failing to shoot anything new and have spent an
inordinate amount of time cleaning up archives, building a new computer etc.
Anyway to my small tale.
I set up my M9 inside this afternoon with my Visoflex, all mounted on a
tripod. I had an enjoyable play working out how to best make it work
together for a small project (to follow).
I picked up the tripod complete with M9 and Visoflex to lift it to a new
position.
Like I mentioned, it's hot and my ceiling fan was spinning.
..Spang.

After administering 250ml of Sauvignon Blanc and my heart rate gradually
falling back below humming bird mode I took a look
The metal fan blade operating in the transonic region struck the lower edge
of the Visoflex exactly 12mm above the top plate of the M9. That's half a
freakin' inch for our American members.

Spang.

Cheers
Geoff