Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:26:59 -0400

Hi George,

Correct. The store is wrong. Actually that n35/2.8 Summaron, if in
good shape, is demanding a high price now. If I could find one at a
good price I would buy one.

Using the M3 viewfinder to approximate the 35mm view would only be a
rough guess. The viewfinder shows more then a 35mm view. You could do
some experimentation for an approximate view I guess. I find at about
a 60 foot distance there would still be about 6 feet left on either
side of what would be a 35mm view. I compared the M3 to the M2. The
50mm frame lines are identical in both cameras.

Len