Subject: [Leica] LTM versus M
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Feb 17 16:04:19 2009
References: <200902170300.n1H30IaS007669@server1.waverley.reid.org> <7875AF61-89CE-4F46-B685-BFE10DE1B82D@optonline.net> <36172e5a0902162241h19c3de47h7b79ac76190bf796@mail.gmail.com> <8D555D84-5209-44D9-B16F-FA733180E6E6@teleport.com> <36172e5a0902170003oee34f08rbf6cce8f36127102@mail.gmail.com> <499A8B7A.9080904@gmx.de> <584FA2308FEB4DC3B8CB62C87B4BBC61@precisionm50> <20090217205730.D927E15B316@barracuda.rutabaga.org>

Interesting that the topic should come up today. My IIIf came home
today after a couple of years at camp having a light leak
investigated. They really do feel wonderful in the hands, so small and
solid.

I trotted it back out today at lunch for a little street work. Hacked
some leader off a roll of Fujicolor 400 and it loaded just fine (so
far as I can tell).

Afraid I REALLY do miss exposure automation. (Use an M7 most of the
time)  I have little feel for light changes without using a meter.
That makes street work among high rises a real exposure pain. Will see
how bad in a couple of days.

My other complaint is the viewfinder. Everything is tricky with
glasses. Today, I was using an old W-Nikkor 35/3.5--a really tiny
thing. Viewfinder is Nikon Varifocal. Again, use with glasses is
frustrating. It makes me want to try contacts. I've been told that the
little CV 28/35 Minifinder offers better relief.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] LTM versus M)
Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] LTM versus M)