Subject: [Leica] Question about M8 exposure
From: leica at web-options.com (Bob W)
Date: Sun Jan 18 14:35:58 2009

> Lee I have to question what you are saying about +1/3 or +2/3
> over exposure?
> Is there a wild possibility you might have this reversed? If
> I were to do
> this I'd lose frame after frame blown out! I just tried it
> with my M8 and a
> Canon and it blew everything to hell and back! Like stuff was almost
> completely washed out all over the place.

what are you using to look at the photos, and are you shooting RAW?

If you're shooting jpeg it's probably not a good technique. This is a
technique for raw.

If you look at the screen on the back of the camera it will certainly look
very washed out. It's important to bear in mind that this technique requires
post-processing of the raw files.

I'll try and find a useful example and post details.

Bob

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Question about M8 exposure)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Question about M8 exposure)