Subject: [Leica] Dehumanizing portraits?
From: leica at web-options.com (Bob W)
Date: Sun Jan 18 12:17:26 2009

I think they're fascinating. If you compare the style to the usual type of
portrait of senior politicians, which are typically shot in the heroic mode,
I think you have something which tries to be rather more honest. They're not
in all cases flattering - some of them look like your worst nightmare
passport photo - but it looks as though the people are at least trying to
present themselves honestly. This in itself may be spin, of course. They
look a little bit like freshmen, which in a sense they are. It will be
interesting to see how they all look in 4 years.

Bob