Subject: [Leica] Question about M8 exposure
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 11:49:50 2009

Lee,

Interesting, as I have found that using +1/3 to +2/3 EV blows out the
highlights tremendously with my M8, whereas using -1/3 to -2/3 EV provides
more information to work with.?

Cheers,
Gene

 -------------- Original message from "Leland Deane" <lmdmd@att.net>:

During two of his seminars (the ones I attended), Seth Resnick talked about
exposure with a digital sensor in mind instead of slide film. While relative
over exposure is death to film, keeping the histogram to the right as much
as possible is desirable because you are adding 'information' digitally that
you can work with. Now of course we're not talking about gross over
exposure, clipping, or poor exposures. But the point is well taken that one
should try and