Subject: [Leica] WTB; Light Meter Pocket Wizard Compatible
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Jan 16 07:51:52 2009

> any of you would like to make a recommendation please let me know your
> thoughts

I use a Sekonic L-758DR. It's huge and annoying, but it works fabulously
well and since buying it I have never bungled a studio shot.

Before I bought it I used a Sekonic L-308, which was NOT good enough and it
took me entirely too long to figure that out. When you get the exposure
wrong on a studio shot, who blames the light meter?

I have a mixture of the old (blue) and new (black) Pocket Wizards, and the
triggers built into the light meter doesn't do a perfect job of triggering
the blue ones if you're more than about 40 feet away from them. The black
ones respond flawlessly at any distance I've tried.