Subject: [Leica] What it the characteristic degradation of Fuji NPS 160?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Oct 20 16:28:35 2008

Quoth the Geoff Hopkinson :

> Clayton, that's an interesting anecdote, but I'm not sure it is
> applicable here. Experimenting with outdated pro film doesn't seem to have
> any
> upside.

Geoff,

That's only true if you're both absolutely certain that your
imagination and technical skills are capable of planning and
executing the best possible image in any circumstance, AND if you're
correct in that certainty, such that nothing unexpected could ever
benefit you.

Fortunately for me, I am absolutely certain I will never reach that
level; my problem is that from time to time I drift into acting, and
shooting, as though I have.  (Usually at that point my own work
starts to bore me.)

> Every other outcome is worse.

May you never lose that kind of certainty.

And may I never live long enough to have it.

Each to his own.  Go shoot.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] What it the characteristic degradation of Fuji NPS 160?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] What it the characteristic degradation of Fuji NPS 160?)
Message from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] What it the characteristic degradation of Fuji NPS 160?)