Subject: [Leica] What it the characteristic degradation of Fuji NPS 160?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Oct 20 15:03:22 2008

> >> I agree!  The most valuable part of whatever goes into making a
> >> photograph
> >> is the opportunity.  I see little value in saving a few pennies
> at  the risk
> >> of blowing an opportunity.

I am reminded, watching all of this, of a seminar I went to back
years ago.  Dewitt Jones, then of National Geographic, was the
presenter.  Of course, this being back in film days, when the Q&A
arrived, one of the early questions was the dreaded "keepers per
roll" issue.

His response, after the obligatory heavy sigh, was that if his kpr
ratio went below about three frames, he wasn't paying attention, and
if it went over about five, he wasn't trying hard enough, wasn't
experimenting, wasn't pushing the limits or trying things to see what
would happen if he broke the rules and did things he wasn't supposed
to do.  It's amazing how many of the world-beater shots he showed
were in fact happy accidents.

Each to his own, I guess...

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com