Subject: [Leica] What it the characteristic degradation of Fuji NPS 160?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Oct 20 11:52:27 2008

Quoth the Philippe AMARD :

> I once upon a time  hit upon a hell of a lot of K25 out of date
> rolls for a penny each - with the yellow cloth bag type for those who
> remember.

Kodachrome, as shot, was a B&W film, though.  The color dyes were
actually added in the K14 process - one reason the process itself was
so tricky and demanded such mediculous control.

The aging characteristics of Kodachrome are therefore much more like
a slow black and white film than a color film.

Fuji professional films, NPS/NSP among them, are among the most
sensitive to age and storage of any colof film I've ever seen.  Out
of date fuji amateur emulsions are usually good for several years;
the pro versions go dead within months if not stored solidly frozen.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] What it the characteristic degradation of Fuji NPS 160?)