Subject: OT RE: [Leica] Re: Scary Stuff
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed May 14 23:28:14 2008

Marc, that is a surprising stance from you. Really just repeating a
simplistic view there, the Indiana Jones scenario.

Far better to avoid the danger all together, certainly. The biggest part of
self defence (and martial arts for self defence) is situational awareness
and confidence. A long way after that comes reaction under stress and
improving your chances of survival, then reducing the likelihood or severity
of injury. A criminal with a firearm and the willingness to shoot you is
extremely dangerous. Are you advocating that means that you should not
attempt to defend yourself by any means available?

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/