Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple computer repair
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Mar 20 13:38:09 2007

Gee - what planet do you live on? I assume you build your own
machines, have a spare power supply just sitting on the shelf, and can
rack out the old one and put the new one in. But wait, maybe this
machine is under warranty! The manufacturer SHOULD replace the
defective power supply. And golly, they DID, in less than 24 hours.
Lets see...would Dell do this better? HP? Maybe if you have a 4 hour
response time contract for maintenance....

Now if you bought a built from parts from a mom and pop store down the
street who uses a few standard components then you might get a better
turn-around.

But I think it's more likely that you don't have a power supply to
replace the one that died. That you'd have to either order one in (a
day) or spend time going into town to buy the replacement or get it
traded in for a working one (if they were feeling good.)

The guy got good service, in my opinion. He couldn't have gotten his
dishwasher fixed faster in this neck of the woods that's for darn
sure.

Adam