Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple computer UPDATING
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Mar 20 12:14:55 2007

There have been several essays on the topic of OS X and the update
process recently. You might find them interesting:

The base article:

<http://www.unsanity.org/archives/mac_os_x/shock_and_awe.php>

Arstechnica's take on the issue:

<http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/03/19/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-update>

I think John Gruber, though, has the best balance:

<http://daringfireball.net/2004/12/software_update>

Personally I think it's all just magic and I have a wizard come in and
wave a wand, do some incantations, and it's all good. That and backing
up...

Adam