Subject: [Leica] Opinions about Nikor 50mm/1,4 LTM?
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Jan 11 16:03:24 2007

At 06:42 PM 1/11/2007, Leonard Taupier wrote:

 >What I like about the early Nikon lenses
 >is they were not prone to the haze and element scratch problems of
 >the Leicas.

Leonard

Stephen Gandy and I have argued for 15 years over
the "haze" issue on 1950's Leica lenses.  I have
never seen much of this but then I am on the East
Coast of the US and Stephen is on the West, so it
might just be a regional thing.  <he grins>

The "element scratch problems" are generally the
result of the drying of the drip-coatings Leitz
was required to use during the time.  I cover
this in my LTM lens book.  <he grins, again>

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Opinions about Nikor 50mm/1,4 LTM?)