Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Nov 3 20:17:44 2006

Walt,
I'm not sure completely why, but the files from the DMR are in
"general" better than the files I can get from the best Nikon 5000
scanner from slide film: this may not be true in the number of
pixels, but it seems to be true in what I could call "tissue
contrast" ie you get more range from the digital chain than from the
hybrid one

Cheers