Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Nov 3 16:48:50 2006

You see the problem with digital is an example right here with all this:
dgn-dgr-DGN-RAW- LIKE A DOG LIKES HIS MEAT! Plus all the rest of the
meaningless letters unless one is educated.

Quite frankly for the not better educated folks, all this stuff is scary as
hell! :-(

I know how to take pictures and I think I've done that fairly well over the
past half century, but we developed film we understood, made prints wherever
the darkroom had to be set-up, a motel washroom or our home or office
darkroom and we did our thing. Simple, no brainer photography! But we knew
what we were doing!  KISS

Then along comes digital a wonderful manner of doing our loveable picture
taking and we get into all this jabberwally stuff of three letter things
that are completely meaningless. Quite frankly mind boggling!

If this stuff has absolutely nothing to do with the use of a Leica camera
I'd really appreciate it if you folks would take it some place else. Or if
it has absolutely nothing to do with me learning how to take better pictures
please take it wherever! It probably has, but well what the hell. :-(

I know I'm not the smartest brick on the block with all this stuff but you
guys scare the hell out of me that I am really loosing something very
important in my life as a photojournalist about picture taking! Please try
to look at it through the eyes of someone who understands taking pictures,
not a university degree of ............................ Sorry!

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4