Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Oct 28 02:34:23 2006

I am with Nathan on this. There is no doubt that bigger is better but
if 35mm film was good enough for you then a 1.33 10 megapixel sensor
should be too (IME). It is perfectly clear that digital sensors are,
size for size, way better than film - anybody who has used a premium
miniature camera such as a minox will have noticed this, P&S digicams
have sensors a tiny fraction of the size of the minox negative yet
give obviously superior results.
Certainly if you need your lenses to have the same field of view on
both your film and digital cameras then Canon is the answer but if
you are wanting the equivalent quality from digital as film the M8
looks good to me, I will be getting one in about 12 months once the
waiting list is shorter I hope. I was quoted March delivery if I
placed a deposit yesterday.
Frank