Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Sat Oct 28 13:59:32 2006

Frank Dernie wrote:
> I am with Nathan on this. There is no doubt that bigger is better but
> if 35mm film was good enough for you then a 1.33 10 megapixel sensor
> should be too (IME).
I find the 1.3 factor in my 1D and 1DII to be perfectly fine.  I do not
long for a 35mm sized sensor at all.  I could buy the 5D or the 1Ds but
I am quite happy with my 1DII.  Files are great and the lenses, well my
16-355 is about a 21 to whatever.  Which is fine by me.  I seldom need
wider than the 21 eq and the one time in the past 5 years I have I used
a roll of film in my 1N.  With Leica I plan on getting the CV 12 and
using that...eq of 16 on the M8, pretty sweet I am thinking.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 and the Future)