Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Oct 27 13:38:21 2006

Sorry, but I don't understand the necessity for "full frame". The 35mm
is a coincidence stemming from the movie film Barnack had available in
the early 20th century. There is nothing magic about it. I very much
doubt that a 24x36mm sensor Leica M is in the works. Yes, I know, with
the current sensor your 35mm lens becomes a 50mm, your 21mm becomes
28mm--so what? The only issue is at the extreme wide angle, and you can
get 12mm or 15mm lenses from Cosina for that.

For me it would be much more relevant if the next digi M is
weather-proof like my Canon 1D2.

Nathan