Subject: [Leica] M7 jam...
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu May 25 10:56:17 2006

My M7 has jammed in two situations.  The first was after rewind when
I couldn't get the rewind lever to return to vertical.  The solution
to this one was to select a manual shutter speed, make sure the off
switch was all the way on and release the shutter.  This has worked
every time I've had to do it.

The second time was after a 3-foot drop onto a marble floor.  The
camera fell on the lens hood partially jamming the focus ring on my
nice new 40 Nokton and totally jamming the camera which showed with
no external damage whatsoever.

I sent it back to Leica NJ along with a somewhat irritable note along
the lines "my M3 wouldn't have jammed if I dropped it this way," and
they sent it back a month later saying it only needed a CLA.  I
assume they put back in place whatever slipped internally and all was
well.  It's been fine ever since.

Sounds like something has jogged out of place in yours.  Hope this helps.