Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Aug 3 05:12:35 2005

At 02:46 AM 8/3/2005, you wrote:
>With regard to the second point and the subsequent discussions,  I
>did not see the connection to 9/11 then, and I understand it even
>less now...
>
>Steve

9/11 was committed in the name of a fanatic branch of one of the
three major religions that are descended from Abraham.  After 9/11,
there was a lot of misunderstanding in the Charlotte area about the
Islamic religion and the very large Muslim community here.  Many
churches, synagogues and mosques had discussion groups and invited
representatives of the Muslim and Jewish and Christian faiths to meet
and share their beliefs, customs, foods, etc.  This project grew out
of those discussion groups.  The Muslim wedding is only a very small
part of the whole project.  Since arranged marriages are a custom of
the Muslim community, this wedding is a glimpse into that custom.  We
will also include births, deaths, religious observances of all kinds,
and everyday life from different branches of all three religions.  It
may sound like a lofty project, but I've already made friends with
Muslims that I would not have met otherwise.  If other connections
can be made, too, it will be worth the time and effort.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Faces of Iraq: