Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jul 31 12:34:04 2005

Photographers -

Now that I have your attention, I have to tell you that these are not
quite like Kyle's piercings and tatoos ;-)  I've spent the last three
nights photographing a Muslim wedding in Charlotte for a documentary
project that I'm working on.  I've barely started editing the photos
but these are a few from last night.  It was a very traditional, very
formal, arranged Muslim wedding.  Both families are Pakistani.  There
were over 800 guests at the wedding.  The beautiful bride was nervous
as she dressed and spent most of the wedding crying quietly and then
sobbing as she left her family to go with her new husband.

I used the Leica R80/1.4 for quite a few photos and fast Canon lenses
for the rest.  It was pretty dark most of the time.  For three
nights, there were ceremonies lasting from about 6 in the evening
until 2 in the morning.  I'm exhausted!  I could never be a wedding
photographer!

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/wedding

Comments and criticisms are appreciated.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)