Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Not a PAW...
From: JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:28:19 -0800

At 08:18 AM 12/30/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi Eric,
>Sorry to disagree with you, but I think it's an "almost  perfect swishy pan"
>as I call this type of picture illustrating motion which I try when shooting
>some sports to capture the action.

In a wedding, the MOST IMPORTANT person, place, or thing, IS THE BRIDE.

I believe that ALL photographs in which the bride is dominant, the bride's
head must be the "focus" of attention. Swishiness is good for the
background, groom, brides dress, etc, but the pan should have the brides
upper torso and head, or just her head, be the most in focus part of the
big swish.

If you miss this, then the shot is just a happysnap.

The photo in question has the brides left hand, purse, midriff, and
mid-trailing head dress in focus. This is the wrong stuff. Therefore, this
is at best, a happysnap.

JB

Replies: Reply from JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Re: Not a PAW...)
Reply from JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Re: Not a PAW...)