Subject: [Leica] Price of each M9 photo...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 16:55:58 -0500

I'm not throwing my Nikon D200 out either and might do the conversion as
well.
When you see the grades Dxomark gives it compared to what we're shooting now
it's disheartening.
Literally converts an Aspheric Modern Leica lens to a $40 mid 1970's Soligar
special.
It's like you could do better with a pencil and paper.
I'll tell you when I got a compact cheaper D40x a few years later I felt the
sensor was a noticeable improvement.

Having just done a Nikon D200 Bing search and came up with:
" The D200 has been superseded by the far superior D300, even though you
certainly buy all the new D200s you want. This review is now an historical
artifact, mostly written back in 2005. 2005 is ancient history in digital
camera years."
Rockwell.
"Comparing a CCD sensor driven camera with a modern CMOS sensor is apples
and oranges"
Rabs.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 2/18/20, 11:50 AM, "LUG on behalf of Frank Filippone via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    I have a Nikon D200 with about 1000 exposures on it.  I got it from my
    son.  It is worth less than $200.
    It was introduced in 2005.  I keep it with the thought to convert it to
IR.
    Maybe I will......

    Frank Filippone
    BMWRed735i at gmail.com

    On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 5:09 AM chris williams via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>
    wrote:

    > Don?t you would even get $700 out of a used 10 yr  Canon or Nikon.
Leica