Subject: [Leica] IMG: some photos from Venice
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:20:20 -0700

Thanks for looking!

I understand completely, Philippe, especially after being there. Our little
river boat was definitely low impact: 130 people. But the Seabourn ship was
400 people and much larger. Even moving ?ahead dead slow? it left a wake.
Having 11 ships in Venice at the same time was awful.

Our gondola ride was the day before. We had an hour to ourselves in the
smaller canals. The following day, however, the same ride would have been
impossible. For the same price you shared the experience with whoever was
around you, you got a half-hour, and the cost was the same as what we paid
for an hour?s trip. And there were HUGE lines.

There are places in the world I want to see. But I?m not sure if by going
there I?m making matters worse. For much of my life we stayed in the US,
traveling around the country by car. My kids love road trips. We put off
traveling overseas until we were older. Now that seems like a not-so-good
idea.

I don?t have an answer.

Adam