Subject: [Leica] IMG: some photos from Venice
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 22:55:42 +0200

Cruise ships are probably the worst form of tourism. The passengers sleep on
the ship, they eat breakfast and dinner on the ship, so at most they will
spend a bit of money on lunch if they are out and about in the city. So huge
impact in terms of crowds, very little benefit to the local economy.

I have done one cruise in my life?a weeklong cruise of the Mediterranean 6
years ago, starting and finishing in Barcelona. It was OK because it gave me
the opportunity to visit a couple of cities I had not visited before, Napoli
and Marseille (and I liked both, especially Napoli), but I very much doubt
I will do this again.

Those who have not done this might enjoy reading my blog from the cruise:

https://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/a-week-with-norwegian-cruise-lines/

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman