Subject: [Leica] IMG: Incoming storm - Rocky Mountain National Park - May 2018
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 09:29:48 -0700

Thanks, Howard!

I did do a bit of de-haze on the image, perhaps not enough.

There was actually quite a bit of manipulation done in Photoshop. I used a
luminous mask aimed at the brightest four zones to work the clouds with a
series of adjustments, and  then another to get some separation in the
hills. The conversion to black and white did some of that task as well by
filtering various colors.

I wish I really understood everything the dehaze filter does. I sort of
think of it as being the other side of Clarity with some color manipulation
as well. Instead of edge contrast of midtones dehaze seems to work on
broader areas and at either end of the tonal range. Maybe?

So, that?s what I did and I appreciate your comments. I?ll continue to play
with the image.

Adam