Subject: [Leica] IMG: Incoming storm - Rocky Mountain National Park - May 2018
From: hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 08:58:09 -0400

It?s nice to know that a master has use for the haze filter. Makes me wonder
less, in regard to all the magic of PS, whether I?m a kid from the suburbs
wandering into a sharp men?s store in the big city and walking out in a zoot
suit...

I?ve found the de-haze function very helpful in situations that do not
involve haze at all. It often improves contrast and overall appearance of
ordinary images made under suboptimal conditions. It?s been especially
helpful in restoring images that I?ve scanned from my Ektachromes from 50
years ago. It?s often all I need, a one-tool substitute for Clarity plus
Vibrance plus color correction plus diddling with saturation and contrast?

?howard