Subject: [Leica] Waterproofing - was M8 failure in snow
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 06:41:47 +0530

It is not enough for the body to be weather sealed, lenses must be, too, at
least weather resistant, if not sealed!

Both the Nikon D500 and the Fuji X-T2 have a good degree of "weather
resistance" built in and work fine in a moderate downpour - never tried them
during a full fledged monsoon downpour yet, I stay safely at home during
those times. Many of the newer Fuji lenses are weather resistant as well.

So, Douglas, if you want the D5 performance in a lighter body, may I suggest
the D500, even though, horror of horrors, it is APS-C? I have a D4 as well,
which I hardly ever take out except for wildlife safaris nowadays, the D500
is superior in practically every which way.

Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad