Subject: [Leica] M8 failure in snow
From: rendress at mac.com (Richard Endress)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 00:07:26 -0400

Thank you to Tina Manley, I knew you had been rained on at the least, and
Gene Duprey for telling me you had no problems in wet places like Niagara
Falls, that is the performance I expect from an M model Leica. Also for the
sad news from Nathan Wajsman that he saves his M digital for sunny days.
Interesting note from Ric Carter about wearing his shutters out and getting
great performance after replacement. I seem to have one that is good on dry
days.  I think I will wrap it Saran Wrap the next time I go out in rain or
snow. My M8 got wet through the top plate but also in the back around the
monitor screen and buttons. This time around it was just the top plate that
got a few snow flakes on it. In the shutter button hole I assume. So Saran
Wrap it is until I get my darkroom built so I can use my film cameras or I
charge up my Epson R-D1.

Richard Endress
rendress at me.com

http://questingbeast.zenfolio.com