Subject: [Leica] George: M8 IR Different filters
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:10:22 -0800

The relevant M8 data sheet seems to be this:
http://www.datasheets360.com/pdf/4613689109339751409
(Thank you Marty for sending the URL off list.)
At page 28 it shows the graph of the cover glass spectral transmission.
Interestingly, the graph does not look all that different than what
Kolarivision shows for various OEM cover glasses.  See
http://kolarivision.com/articles/two-spectrum-conversion/
However, the M8 cover glass appears to have, as you said, some IR getting
through it way out into the longer wave lengths.  The little chart on the
Datasheet shows this, whereas none of the graphs show enough information to
see this with either the M8 or the other OEM filters.  I just have to
assume that the thicker glasses reduced this IR "leakage" to nil.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com