Subject: [Leica] George: M8 IR Different filters
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Verizon)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 16:47:47 -0500

Thanks. Yes, since IR light mix of wavelengths varies from scene to scene,
the exposure will vary for differing filters.  But it does help to know the
attenuation, even if it for only one set of conditions.

Kolari will replace your existing glass cover plate... On a Nikon or Canon,
it costs about $350. I have asked them the effective loss of light and was
told about a stop.  No filter required.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

On Nov 29, 2015, at 11:20 AM, George Lottermoser <george.imagist at
icloud.com> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2015, at 7:04 AM, Frank Verizon wrote:
>
> Excellent work.  Very helpful.
> I noticed that the 092 filter decreased light by 4.5 stops. What about the
> 093 filter?
>
> I am working from an iPad, where the visual comparison is difficult. Must
> wait till we get home to evaluate the visual effects of the different
> filters
>
> http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=10494

The "unfiltered" exposure = 1/30 seconds.
The "092 filtered" exposure = 2 seconds.
The "093 filtered" exposure = 6 seconds.

Maybe relevant only under these conditions.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog