Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on other cameras
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 10:56:49 -0700

I have not found a fast 24mm that works.  The WATE is too slow and really
needs to be stopped down a bit for good performance (like f/8).  The Batis
25mm f/2 appears to be to have an amazing f/2 MTF.  See
http://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Photography/new/pdf/en/downloadcenter/datasheets_batis/batis_225.pdf
 and http://diglloyd.com/blog/2015/20150429_0952-ZeissBatis-25f2-MTF.html
.  However, some have commented that it's not really a top notch lens.  I'm
not sure what their issues are.  It's not a Leica 50mm Apo ASPH, but I'm
not sure I've ever seen a 24 of 25mm that can match the Batis MTF at wide
apertures.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com