Subject: [Leica] Lens Choices
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:50:40 -0400

I'm often just as interested as how a lens may look than what the pictures
this lens takes looks. And how the lens feels. And the way it may conform to
the inside of a particular camera bag.

I sometimes use lenses which are like old friends and I'm dimly aware that
the specs from these optics don't compare so well with modern optics that I
may also have. So if I'm shooting something which is a big deal and might
get blown up big then I go with more modern cutting edge glass. But if I'm
just taking out my camera for another days spin like I always do then I'll
use all kinds of vintage glass going back to the 1970's.
Right now though I have to say I'm on a kick of using very up to date 1.8
just out glass and loving every minute of it. They shock and amaze me every
time its time to tweak and upload them. Nikkor G glass.