Subject: [Leica] Lens Choices
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:13:55 -0500

George,

I realize I am going against the grain here.  I am resisting the
conventional "wisdom" that, if it is not made by Leica or Zeiss, etc,
then it has to be junk.  The same holds for earlier models.  I feel a
lens should be evaluated on what it can do for ME, not what the
"experts" claim.

This is to show, especially to me, that my lens of choice, which happens
to be a Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50/1.4 (7-element lens) from
around 1971, can do a reasonable job for me without having to spend a
small fortune for the latest and greatest lens, that is admittedly
somewhat better, but at what cost?

Since I'm getting few comments, I suspect no one else cares.

Thanks for commenting.

Here is my favorite image made with this lens, several Christmases ago:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Katie+Grace+_amp_+Kristin.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA