Subject: [Leica] Is this ethical?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 00:22:55 -0400

What I do when I'm working at the various PJ jobs I've had when I take pix
of people is I walk over to them and pull out a pad of paper and get their
names. Sometimes I have them put their names in my pad then I write them
myself under it and ask for spelling as you can rarely read peoples writing.
Having done that I say "thank you". They get quite exited about the whole
prospect of their pic and name in the paper. Not the opposite.  Once in a
blue moon people don't give me their name and then their pic does not run as
none of the papers I've worked for is going to run a nameless pic. A guys
out with another guys wife maybe.. There is something soothing and ego
boosting apparently about writing your name in a pad of a photographer who
just took your picture to put in the paper. It makes it less surreptitious
perhaps. Your not grabbing a pic and running with it.