Subject: [Leica] Leica R system
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 10:23:32 +1000

They decided to compete with Hasselblad and Phaseone Frank. It is a tiny
tiny market yes. Leica's prices there are broadly comparable in fact, they
offer something significantly different and they have increased their market
share. The R10 body was to have been in the order of twice the price of the
pro Canon and Nikon bodies. Now that the medium format sensors are evolving
I think that tiny market will be even more interesting.
Having been fortunate to shoot an S side by side with my M I promise you
that there is a big difference

cheers
Geoff