Subject: [Leica] any Sony rx 1 users
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:13:08 -0500

Betamax was superior to  VHS in every way except sales.

 As a Memory Stick is a proprietary format created by Sony, and mainly only
used in Sony products makes it a way less of a big deal. Way less are sold.
It does not make it a failure. It went t0 32gigs when a regular sd card went
to 4; that was at the beginning.

With the announcement of the support specs of SDXC over  SDHC the memory
sticks announce an upgrade to put them at par with those specs.
"SDXC was announced at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2009 (January 7?10,
2009). At the same show, SanDisk and Sony also announced a comparable Memory
Stick XC variant with the same 2 TB maximum as SDXC"

Sony high end products have given you two slots now on many devices so you
are not stuck with having to get into their memory sticks as its a pain if
you're not already into them. That's the limit to the problem with them.