Subject: [Leica] any Sony rx 1 users
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:04:36 -0500

All this talk about flash this and flash that.
This is a full frame camera which can be used easily at iso 64,000 and
beyond just like a 3 pound full frame DSLR flagship camera can be. But can
go in your pocket.
And just like a Rollei 35. Which few used with flash.

Its the beginning of full frame compact options for those who want the
quality that full frame brings you and are willing to pay a bit extra for
it.
They 're not going to have to pay THAT much for it as this is also obviously
a premium placed camera. The ostentatious lens and ultra solid build makes
it so. Plenty of full frame compact options will be had soon made of more
traditional plastic and with a safe mindless zoom designed to appeal to the
masses. It won't really cost this much to have full frame fit in your
pocket.
It will be under two grand not under three. USD.

Sony is a company I trust more than any other electronics company.
They seldom blow it. If that's the case now its a darned shame but I don't
think its going to slow up the reality of a full  frame compact market.

To me it makes the full frame compact solution really serious. Instead of
just pretending to me. A full frame compact camera would really be a serious
picture taking solution to be embraced by top pros and very serious
amateurs. The 1.5 crop and 2x crop would like to be but they are not.
We are all just too familiar with what a full frame digital sensor can bring
to our work. And many of us are willing to drag one around to get that. But
when its compact that's a dream come true. When its compact we're talking
Barnack.