Subject: [Leica] [Lexica] Gun control
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:58:57 -0800

Here's where everybody, including, be it noted, the much and wrongly
villified members of the NRA (which mostly is heard about rather than heard
from):  this school shooting is a tragedy.  I for one cannot bear to think
about it in terms of my own children.

Where we disagree is in what action to take.  Criminals don't pay any
attention to the law.  Restricting guns, or gun ownership, or taxing ammo
will simply create a new market for organized crime.  Look at the worldwide
war on drugs.  The only people directly affected by laws are the law-abiding.

Our schools are gun-free zones and thus are magnets for the kind of person
bent on shooting defenseless children.

How about armed security guards at schools?  We have them at the entrances
to our children's court and in every courtrooom.  Are guns around children
such a horrible idea that we should disarm our security guards and bailiffs?

Remember the Fort Hood shooting?  Clinton had ordered that military
personnel on a military installation must be disarmed.  Look what a message
that sent.  Are we outraged and saddened over that tragedy?  I am.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone