Subject: [Leica] Gun control
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:14:53 -0800

The NRA is an organization composed of and funded by members, people who
believe in their right to keep and bear arms.  Its size, wealth, and power
is related to the well-funded and relentless efforts of the gun confiscation
people.  The NRA promotes gun safety, something most of the mainstream-media
audience has not been told.  During WWI, the NRA insisted upon marksmanship
training for the military, something the military establshment thought was
unnecessary.

I think everyone knows the difference between a movie shooting and a real
one.  If amy skewed views are being communicated, it's by news media which
report only the sensational tragedies and not the non-news of "the would-be
victim displayed a handgun, and the mugger or rapist or armed robber ran
away" (which happens in the majority of defensive gun uses).

If you don't like guns, you do not have to buy one.  In one town in the
South a law was passed requiring all adults to buy a firearm.  Though it was
not enforced, being something of a tongue-in-cheek measure, the crime rate
went way, way down.  In D.C. after the Heller decision by the US Supreme
Court overturned the complete ban on ownership of handguns even in the home,
the violent crime rate dropped 10%.  Who wants to see it go back up?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Pho;,,,jne