Subject: [Leica] GOOGLE PHOTO USE???????????????? SUE THEM?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:13:36 -0600

Hi Ted,

I am a lawyer, but don't practice law.  I found the image here:

http://www.google.com/search?q=trudeau+%22ted+grant%22+bannister+-kevin&hl=e
n&sa=X&tbo=d&imgurl=http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/trudeau-
ted-grant.jpg%3Fw%3D700&imgrefurl=http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/04/
09/trudeau-slides-down-a-banister/&h=648&w=460&sz=38&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSE
gnBB5bQ5J_1V_1yG0PCugada-IA&ei=wPO3UNGZM6aoywGw4YHACw&ved=0CAUQrBE&biw=1536&
bih=838

It is available in sizes from 106x150 pixels to 475x672.  So, forgive me, I
downloaded the "big" one and resized it to 5x7" at 240ppi with PhotoZoom
Pro.  I guess if someone wanted to print it on matte rag paper and frame it,
where the paper and glass hide many sins, it might be OK if someone was OK
with a crappy reproduction of a famous photo.  The URL has your name, but
the site just says "may be subject to copyright".   Can't help you with the
legal issue, but it doesn't seem right.

Best,

Ken