Subject: [Leica] Rights to Olympic Photos
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:27:19 +0100

This Olympic committee and the British government have gone power mad. The
ban on the use of words and images relating in any way to the Olympics is
now written in to UK legislation which means it is now a criminal offence
not a civil one. It is no longer enforcement of copyright but a mater of
breaking criminal law enforceable with heavy fines and even prison
sentences. There is a force of 240 law enforcement officers plus the police
executing entry warrants etc. enforcing this law. Here in the UK we have
strong links with Greece (after all the Queen is married to a member of the
Greek royal family!) so there is a large (ish) Greek population who have
been here many, many years and yet long standing "Olympic Restaurants',
'Olympic Breakfasts' etc. have had to change their names.

In the words of one quote "The absurd has become the normal" - I am so
pleased I ilve in a 'free' society (sic)!

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
+44 (0)797 287 7932